First decide if you are interested in renting a property:
- Review our list of available properties at www.mebaleasing.com and decide which properties fit your criteria.
- Take a drive by the properties to make sure the neighborhood fits your needs.
- Call our office at (510) 900-9400 to schedule an appointment. Our showing hours are:
- M – F 9 AM to 5PM
- Sat-Sun By Appt Only
Then complete an application:
- Visit www.mebaleasing.com to review the Rental Standards and complete an application.
- You can complete the application on-line by visiting the “Our Properties” page, selecting the property you are interested in, and clicking on the “Apply Now” button.
- Or you can download an application from the “Tenants Page”, complete it, and return it to My East Bay Agent Leasing.
- Pay the Application fee either on-line, by cash, or by check.
- Provide a photocopy of a picture ID, and copies of either 2 pay stubs or 2 months bank statements to verify income.
After the completed application and fee are received, My East Bay Agent Leasing will review the application, and if approved will begin the leasing process.
The following are our general guidelines when reviewing applications.
The combined gross income of all people who will sign the lease should be at least 2.5 times the monthly rent.
Occupancy is governed using the 2+1 rule. Two people per bedroom plus one additional person. So a 3-bedroom home would have a maximum occupancy of seven people.
Our security deposit is equal to 1-month’s rent plus $500. So a home that rents for $2,000 per month will have a security deposit of $2,500.
Pet deposits, if applicable, are in addition to the security deposit and generally range from $350 – $500. Click here to view our pet policy.
If you move in before the 15th of the month, we will pro-rate your rent. If you move in after the 15th of the month, we ask for 1-month’s full rent and then we pro-rate the second month’s rent.
- Persons with felony convictions on their records will not be considered.
- Financially responsible parties with a credit score of less than 600 will require a guarantor.
- Tenant is REQUIRED to obtain renters insurance and show proof of such prior to the lease commencement date. If documentation is not provided, possession of the property will not be granted until MEBA Leasing receives required documentation. Tenant shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless MEBA Leasing, it’s agents, employees, and brokers, and Landlord form any and all claims arising from same or use of same.